Monday, March 1, 2010

Who Speaks For God?: Conclusion

The Third Test Of Politics: Civility
The author again talks about homosexuals. He dives in deeper to his points he is trying to convey. I agree that we shouldn't demonize homosexuals, pointing at them as the problem to failing families. It is obvious that the lowered moral standards of sexuality have a much larger role in causing those problems. I strongly believe that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry though, but also think they should be allowed to have some rights as family. I basically agree with what the pastor is saying, although I would've liked to see him take a stance on what he believes about the topic as he did later on abortion.
This entire book as calling on people to make drastic behavioral changes, which are extremely hard to do, especially in a group as large as our society. It's good that he gives specific directions as to what he suggests to solve the problem, even though I don't think some of his solutions will work with grown adults (like gang summits and tidy talks with criminals). I also find it amusing that he constantly refers to the need to save "the children". We need to change for the sake of "the children". I just thought it was a bit funny that he used that card, even though there is truth to his point.
Overall I enjoyed this book. It was a different topic that was pretty interesting.

TOTAL READING TIME: 37 hr.

Page: Complete 193 Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment