I've read to the point in his life when he is a very famous comedian on several well known variety shows like The Ed Sullivan Show. The only problem is that he is completely sick and tied of the superficial and utterly fake behavior of everyone that he deals with on these shows. He doesn't want to have staged conversations with people during the show to give the appearance of friendship with someone he doesn't even like. Along with this problem, his wife has started drinking because of his extended absences, just as their child is under three years old. In his own words, "I was on a treadmill to nowhere. Without a clue how to get off."
This story so far had me thinking how George Carlin was going to change comedy. He is known for being edgy on politics and what not without having any inhibitions on what he said. At the point in the book I am in, he is in the middle of a pleasant, pleasing routine to make his money: selling-out. After the chapter I just read, I felt a change in the winds, directing his path in a new direction. So the song I thought of was "Wind of Change" by The Scorpions (great song and band). Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=0yQeSKa4RsU&pop_ads=0
TOTAL READING TIME: 48 hr.
Page: 137
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment