Monday, February 22, 2010

The Wisdom Of Crowds: Conclusion

The last part of the book is mostly about the wisdom of crowds idea in business. Since I'm not interested in business, this section was pretty dull for me. It seemed he just kept repeating his rules for a good group in different words. He writes in a straightforward style, saying his points directly. I wasn't much of a fan of this book. There were only a few interesting parts in the book that I enjoyed. The author didn't really convince me or inform me of anything new. Basically I took away from the book that under proper circumstances, a group will make a better decision than its individual members. I didn't really like the organization of the book either. There wasn't very much structure at all to what he was writing about. I prefer there to be structure in a book so it's easier to follow their mode of thinking, not random stories that incorporate the rules in no order. This book makes me appreciate the writing style and abilities of the authors of the Freakonomic books.

TOTAL READING TIME: 31 hr.

Page: Complete 271 Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment