Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Social Animal

I've started reading The Social Animal by Elliot Aronson today. I've read up to page 35.
The first chapter is an introduction into social psychology. It was a pretty dull chapter, but I got through it. The second chapter, which I am in the middle of, talks about conformity. He goes into detial about variables that can increase and decrease chances of conformity. He also talks about three types of conformity: Compliance, Identification, and Internalization.
  • Compliance = Doing something motivated by a reward or punishment
  • Identification = Doing something that a idolized person does or did
  • Internalization = Doing something just to be right, for yourself

Reading this book'll probably take a tad longer due to the advanced vocabulary this author uses and the amount of information given on each page, so bear with me Strusz.

TOTAL READING TIME : 1 hr. 30 min.

Page: 35

No comments:

Post a Comment