Monday, April 12, 2010

Blink

I read Blink over break. It dealt with different aspects of rapid cognition. One interesting idea in the book is the idea that tall people have a distinct advantage in becoming a leader in society. Americans have an unconscious preference for tall people in leadership roles. I also felt this push throughout my life to become a leader in several areas of my young life. Being a tall child, I now more clearly understand this urging to put me in leader roles.
I can also use an idea toward the end of the book for my Sociology project. The idea of being temporarily autistic due to a high heart rate will be useful in my report on sports.

I enjoyed this project because it got me to read more than I would have without the project. I believe I have exhibit a behavioral change due to this project. I will not continue to blog, but I will definitely continue read, primarily about Sociology and Psychology. I read a tad more than I expected during this project.

TOTAL READING TIME: 90 hr.

Page: Complete 263 Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment